The last months of last year from October was a trying time for me. I felt I was not in a good state of mind. I was stressed and I got into a habit😱.
I was in a phase that I could not streamline my thoughts.
Then it started… I started judging people, if someone passed me by at work or wherever I was standing, sitting, looking at, in the train, while I was walking, in the restaurant, on the internet. I was constantly judging people either the way they looked, spoke, the race moved, smelt, or behaved.
Every single time I did it I felt like I was being drained of something but then again it came up and it would be back to square one class 101 on judging others.
I realised I spent so much time judging people that I started hating myself, I did not feel the rush of energy I always have ( ask people who know me), I started feeling less of myself and my state of mind became unproductive.t
I slowly started thinking (hey 😨 this is like a tunnel you fall into and climbing out feels like the walls of Jericho to get out.) What would have triggered this Emotion, feeling down and all because the same time I was judging these people it could have also been me they were equally judging. To be honest with you? I did not feel comfortable thinking that it could be me on that pedestal table. For all, I know the same things I did judge others about could also be what they judged me off and even more.
So why did I do it?
I traced it back to the time I started feeling too comfortable in my zone and I wanted more but did not know how to get out, to the time I started feeling inadequate of getting to a certain position in my life. I knew I could change if only I could master my mindset and streamline my thoughts to be about positive things. I am not saying everything and at every time that it has to be perfect, No!! What I am trying to say is that only when this thoughts and feeling starts dominating your thoughts and taking the existence of your happiness from you, then is it paramount for you to change things. Because happiness is the key.
In the following paragraphs, I will be writing three reasons why I think we judge others, what happens when we judge others and why we need to stop judging people.
Why do we Judge Others?
- I think we Judge others when our life feels constant and we are seeking for a change. When the feeling of t not moving forward seems unsurmountable, and we get jealous when we see others living their best lives and this pushes us to automatically judge others.
- I think we judge others when we are insecure about certain things in our lives and for some, they are clueless about what the problem is and how they can tackle it either from their childhood, family, parents, friends at work, their Bodies and so on. All these tend to lead one to judge others they see as perfect and thereby feeling good when they do it.
- I also think we judge others when we feel threatened. Either by the status of your partner, co-worker, friend, celebrity or when these people buy a new car, cloth, house and so on. We become scared that they would keep getting better whilst you stay under.
What happens when we judge others
- I think that when we judge others that we also judge ourselves and it makes us not only feel less confident but also we do not seem it able to raise our heads high.
- I noticed that while I judged others it was not of what they did to me but the Stereotypes surrounding their ethnicity, their Gender, appearances and language. Forgetting I am human, a woman and in a foreign country and there is practically a stereotype for everyone.
- I started thinking negatively and it breeds Negatively impacts in almost anything you think about. This could have an impact not only on yourself but people around you.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves
Why you need to stop Judging
- Try to streamline your thoughts on positive things. Find no FAULT in others. Try as much as possible to avoid contact with people who also judge others so you do not fall. Always say something positive in your heart and you will notice that eventually, it will start popping out of your mouth
- Avoid Stereotyping people because you do not know them personally and even if you do it will only breed hatred in you.
- Try and focus everything in you to manifesting and meditating good things into your life.
There is a story behind every person. There’s a reason why they are the way they are. Think about that before you judge someone
Lastly, do not worry about others and do not judge others. Be kind to yourself and love yourself. Observe things and the world around you and then slowly but surely your perspective will be broadened.
I am getting there eventually because bad energy gat to stay far away😁😂. I cannot change whatever it was I was annoyed about but I can change ME.
Thank you for reading and I will be pleased to read your comments below on why do you judge people? How do you feel about yourself afterwards? And also how can it be stopped?.
I wish you all a lovely February.